N3 Cloud Services
Unified Communications is the integration of real-time communication services like WebEx and MeetMe.
N3 Mobile Health Worker offers key benefits to clinicians on the move by increasing their efficiency, which results in improved patient care.
Connect to N3 through IPstream & Business DSL – intended for GPs, small clinics & temporary sites. Connect up your main and branch sites with our VPN solutions.
N3's remote worker services for NHS users – connect to N3 wherever you are.
Private Circuit and Ethernet connectiions for larger NHS sites that run applications like Choose & Book, electronic prescriptions and PACs.
The new Healthcare Security Token enables AQPs and non-NHS organisations to access patient information and national NHS applications like Choose & Book and other services from anywhere.
The N3 PSN products enable customers to connect to N3 PSN. These products are based on non-resilient DSL and non-resilient Ethernet services.
Quick summary of N3 features, benefits and technology.
IP Address ranges used by the NHS; legacy, policy and user requests.
Physical security, securing patient data and responsibilities, plus security checklist.
nhs.uk domain, internal vs external DNS and record change requests.
Order an N3 service, fund my N3 connection, migrate my N3 connection, manage a change to a CoIN, Contact N3 and raise a complaint.
The N3 user guides will help get the best from your N3 products and services.
Frequently Asked Questions will give you answers to voice services, security, internet gateway, GP NGA and general queries.
Access N3 product and service brochures about voice services, video and web conferencing, Mobile Health Worker, On Demand Compute and VPN.
Register for the latest N3 events including the N3 User Forum.
Read the latest N3 case studies that demonstrate the cash releasing, innovation, productivity improving potential of N3 products and services that can improve clinician's efficiency and patient experience.
The N3 Event Replay site is regularly updated with videos and presentation material from our User Forum events.
New to N3?
Find out how N3 has helped enable 21st Century healthcare for the NHS and is an enabler for innovative IT solutions such as using video conferencing for a telestroke service.
Find out how N3 are delivering high quality services with service delivery processes conforming to best practices.
We are in constant dialogue with our customers about the service they receive from us. Find out how N3 analyse and act on customer feedback.
N3 are very proud of the many awards that we have won over the last few years. Find out what awards we have won that demonstrate the excellence of our network, our services and our commitment to the NHS.
N3 is enabling sustainable benefits for the NHS, by stimulating a change in the way people work, providing accessibility to national applications to enable local services and reduce wastage and using new technologies to enable collaborative working
Second N3 internet gateway upgrade boosts network security
Every successful film seems to have a sequel so why should network security be any different?
Given the prominence the NHS Digital gives to security that’s exactly what it decided to do. Building on last year’s implementation of capacity upgrades and enhanced security monitoring services to the N3 NHS internet gateway, the part of the network that carries traffic to and from the network known as Gateview, it commissioned its own sequel and further upgrade - Gateview 2.
Gateview 2, which was completed in July, will ensure the NHS continues to be supported by world-class security. It means that internet traffic can be prioritised according to clinical and business need and the network can cope with the inexorable increase in internet traffic, in this way helping healthcare professionals work more effectively and efficiently.
Specifically, Gateview 2’s additional features draw on one of N3SP’s key suppliers, US “software-as-a-service company”, ZScaler and in particular its Advance Behaviour Analysis capabilities.
Advanced Behavioural Analysis
- These capabilities effectively provide a “sand box” capability that will run and examine the consequences and impact of malware or potential malware in a safe, segregated environment on the Zscaler infrastructure within the N3 Enhanced Internet Gateway. It does this by building virtual machines in which malware can be tested so potentially diverse and otherwise hidden threats or impacts can be exposed and future instances of the malware can be blocked effectively. In this way, it goes far beyond just “signature less” detection, with a comprehensive defence-in-depth approach.
- Files from all websites can be sent
- Suspicious content can be quarantined until analysed, so even the first person who attempts to download a malicious object will be protected
- Extended reporting on Behavioural Analysis with actionable and easy to use forensic data
- Provides easy-to-use detailed forensic information on zero-day malware, including security bypass techniques, network activity, persistence techniques (to evade destruction attempts), detection evading techniques, system and file configuration changes, memory and process analysis, packet captures for detailed analysis, and origin and destination analysis for suspect locations. Zscaler can record and replay the attack behaviour it saw as malware was executing.